This week has been a bit of a whirl and I was glad the weekend arrived. Part of the problem was the Easter break and I, just as Mum used to, struggle to recall what day of the week it was. Effectively we had what I would call four Sunday’s as I don’t recall going out over the weekend, although I may have done!
I spent lots of time getting some writing done for several projects including this one and the early chapters and writing are pretty much structured and just now need some fleshing out and more details.
I have sourced potentially some of Mum’s early medical records which hopefully cover the her childhood, back to her Polio days, so that is hopefully good news. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.
I started to think about my squares, the ones that I plan on submitting to the quilt. I am personally planning on three squares, for my Mum and then one for maternal Grandparents. More on those developments later.
Back in 2011, a project called Genealogists for Families was created, and right from the beginnings I made a loan in support of the project. You can read about the project by clicking the link above. The loan repayment on the project are made around the middle of the month, which meant that yesterday I had opportunity to make another loan.
This time I selected a group from Tanzania who are raising funds for a sewing enterprise. Somehow it seemed very fitting and therefore I made my next loan.
If you are interested in joining the Genealogist for Families Team then click HERE
We have gained a small following thanks to people tweeting and sharing the details. This site has already had 500 views which is wonderful. Please do keep sharing and spreading the details of the project.