As I said in my last post, the first square arrived on Friday and today I received the details to accompany the square. I will share those details a little later this week, but first a little about how I am going to keep track of it all.
This is incredibly important because each square represents someone’s life, someone’s beloved and comes with a lovely story. A summary of their life or a memory of that special person.
The squares as they arrive are allocated a number. I then add various details into a spreadsheet. Here is a list of what is recorded
- Square Number
- Name of person who submitted the square
- Their email address
- Their country of residence
- Other items – card, story, picture etc
- Date I received the square
- Who is being commemorated.
- Blog – this is the date that it appeared on the blog
- Notes – this section is really for me. Anything else I want to record